- What’s your name?
- Where are you from? / Where do you come from?
I’m from … I come from …
- What’s your surname / family name?
- What’s your first name?
- What’s your address?
7865 NW Sweet Street
- Where do you live?
I live in San Diego.
- What’s your (tele)phone number?
- How old are you?
Twenty-five. I’m twenty-five years old.
- When / Where were you born?
I was born in 1961 / Seattle.
- Are you married? / What’s your marital status?
- What do you do? / What’s your job?
I’m a librarian.
- Where did you go?
I went to a friend’s house.
- What did you do?
We played video games.
- Where were you?
I was in New York for the weekend.
- Have you got a car / job / house / etc.?
Yes, I’ve got a good job.
- Have you got any children / friends / books / etc.?
Yes, I’ve got three children – two boys and a daughter.
- Can you play tennis / golf / football / etc.?
Yes, I can play golf.
- Can you speak English / French / Japanese / etc.?
No, I can’t speak Japanese.
- Could you speak English / French / Japanese / etc.?
- when you were five / two / fifteen / etc. years old?
Yes, I could speak English when I was five years old.
- Agent: Good afternoon! Where are you flying to today?
- Dan: Los Angeles.
- Agent: May I have your passport, please?
- Dan: Here you go.
- Agent: Are you checking any bags?
- Dan: Just this one.
- Agent: OK, please place your bag on the scale.
- Dan: I have a stopover in Chicago – do I need to pick up my luggage there?
- Agent: No, it’ll go straight through to Los Angeles. Here are your boarding passes – your flight leaves from gate 15A and it’ll begin boarding at 3:20. Your seat number is 26E.
- Dan: Thanks.
- “Excuse me, where is the American Airlines check-in desk?”
- “Where is terminal 4?”
- “Where is gate 36?”
- “How many bags can I check?”
- “Will my luggage go straight through, or do I need to pick it up in [Chicago]?”
- “How much is the fee?”
- “Please mark this bag as ‘fragile.’”
- “Is the flight on time?”
- Hello Miss, do you need a taxi?
- Do you have any luggage?
- Just these two suitcases.
- OK, I’ll put them in the back for you. Where are you going?
- The Comfort Inn.
- I think there are two in Boston. Which one are you going to?
- The one downtown.
- Is this your first time in Boston?
- No. I’ve been here many times. I come here for work all the time.Do you know how long it’ll take?
- It shouldn’t take long. Probably about 15 minutes.
- Wow, it looks like the traffic is really bad.
- Yeah, there might be an accident up ahead.
- OK, then stop at the next intersection. I’m gonna get out there andtake the subway.
- Hi, I am checking in.
- Hi, I have a reservation and I am checking in.
- Where is the elevator?
- Do you have concierge service here?
- Do you have a map of the city?
- What time should I check out by?
- What time is check out?
- Should we charge the credit card on file or did you want to use a different card?
- Your credit card will be charged a total of $256.78. Can you sign on the bottom?
- Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again.