Introduction: 20 Questions
One person thinks of an object (person, place, or thing). Everyone takes turns asking yes/no questions until someone can guess correctly (or until 20 questions are asked). The difficult part is that you cannot ask “wh” questions!
Example: PINEAPPLE. Does it talk? No. Does it make life easier? No. Do you eat it? Yes. Is it something you would eat for dinner? No. Etc…
If someone makes a mistake in forming the question, other club members can help turn it into a proper question.
- What does the future hold?
- What will the future be like?
- Who invented the very first computer?
- What is AI?
- What is the definition of a ‘robot’?
- What is robotics?
- Where did the word ‘robot’ come from?
- Can robots tie shoes?
- Will robots replace humans?
- Will robots take our jobs?
- How will the development of robots that think change your future?
- Imagine the job you wish to hold when you get older – could a robot be programmed to do that job as well as you?
- A film like The Matrix has explored the idea that we might be living in virtual reality. But what evidence is there for or against this hypothesis? And what are its implications?
- Do you know ISAAC ASIMOV? What did he do?
- Can you think of movies that have robots in them?
- Did you enjoy this movie?
- Do you think we create a new problem with each invention? Think of examples.
- Is there anything that does not yet exist that you would like to see invented? What is it?
- Where do you plan on going to college?
- What type of job would you like to do in the future?
- How do you get that type of job?
- Will you make much money in that job?
- Do you want to get married?
- Do you know who you are marrying?
- What high school are you going to go to?
- How can we preserve the future for the next generation?
- How will computers change in the future?
- How will cellphones change in the future?
- How will transportation develop in future times?
- How old will people live to be in the future?
- What kind of developments might happen in health care in the future?
- Could there be another world war in the future? How can we prevent a world war from happening?
- Where do you plan on going in the future?
- Can fortune-tellers predict the future?
- Is it possible to know the future?
- Where do you hope to travel before you die?
- What do you hope to do in your life?
- How will technology change?
- Do you think life will be more difficult or easier for our grandchildren? In what ways?
- How do you think your country will change in the future?
- How will the United States and the world order change in the future?
- How do you think you will change in the future?
- Do you think the future will be better or worse for your grandchildren?
- Do robots go to college?
- Would you marry a robot?